Nicoma Park unveils new city logo | News
NICOMA PARK, Okla.– A local city is now sporting a new official logo that was designed by a Chickasha college student
Nicoma Park’s winning seal was submitted by USAO graduate Alyssa Pence and includes many historical references to the community that was founded nearly 90 years ago.
At the center of the logo, you can see the community house that was once used as a school.
Also, the iconic twin wooden radio towers of KFJF can be seen.
KFJF began back in 1927 before becoming KOMA.
Other references include branches from the Lacebark Elm Tree and a chicken.
In case you were wondering about the chicken, Gilbert Nichols founded Nicoma Park as a poultry colony for the residents of Oklahoma City.
Pence won $500 for her winning design.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Allergy Alert: Cedar pollen very high, sufferers should just stay indoors
- Oklahoma Rep. authors bill warning of dangers of tongue piercing
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers