Charges filed in Amber shooting, beating | News
AMBER, Okla.– Charges have been filed against a man accused of shooting a woman in the head before beating another woman.
Steven Ray Thompson, 27, is accused of first-degree murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Officers were called to the town of Amber on June 27 in regards to a domestic dispute.
Authorities claim Thompson shot 23-year-old Sara Maisano in the head before beating his girlfriend, 26-year-old Katie Garner.
Thompson is still behind bars after a judge denied his bond.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany