Charges filed in Amber shooting, beating | News
AMBER, Okla.– Charges have been filed against a man accused of shooting a woman in the head before beating another woman.
Steven Ray Thompson, 27, is accused of first-degree murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Officers were called to the town of Amber on June 27 in regards to a domestic dispute.
Authorities claim Thompson shot 23-year-old Sara Maisano in the head before beating his girlfriend, 26-year-old Katie Garner.
Thompson is still behind bars after a judge denied his bond.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday