Charges filed in Amber shooting, beating | News
AMBER, Okla.– Charges have been filed against a man accused of shooting a woman in the head before beating another woman.
Steven Ray Thompson, 27, is accused of first-degree murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Officers were called to the town of Amber on June 27 in regards to a domestic dispute.
Authorities claim Thompson shot 23-year-old Sara Maisano in the head before beating his girlfriend, 26-year-old Katie Garner.
Thompson is still behind bars after a judge denied his bond.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps