Charges filed in Amber shooting, beating | News
AMBER, Okla.– Charges have been filed against a man accused of shooting a woman in the head before beating another woman.
Steven Ray Thompson, 27, is accused of first-degree murder and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.
Officers were called to the town of Amber on June 27 in regards to a domestic dispute.
Authorities claim Thompson shot 23-year-old Sara Maisano in the head before beating his girlfriend, 26-year-old Katie Garner.
Thompson is still behind bars after a judge denied his bond.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Scattered showers make their way into the state; highs in the 70s Monday
- Bricktown bleeds blue in anticipation of tonight’s game
- GEARING UP FOR PLAYOFFS: Thunder looks to strike down Grizzlies
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing