Men arrested for threatening kids with BB gun | News
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Two men are behind bars after threatening children with a BB gun.
Although it may not sound intimidating, just the action of pointing a gun at someone can land you with felony charges.
The kids told police the two men cursed at them.
Martinez told police one of the kids spit at his truck so he pointed his gun at them.
Chickasha Police Maj. Elip Moore said, “At some point one of the occupants of the vehicle brandished what they believed to be a Glock-type hand gun and pointed it at them and made the statement, ‘Are you scared now?’”
The kids called police.
“The suspect did admit to pointing a weapon at them but it wasn’t a gun, it was an air soft BB gun,” Moore said.
Detectives caught up with Martinez and Akins.
They found the gun inside their house along with drug paraphernalia and marijuana.
Moore said, “If the person having it pointed at them believes it’s a real gun or it’s presented as a real weapon, it would be a felony charge.”
Both men are facing drug charges and Martinez could face a weapons charge for the BB gun.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone