Community mourning loss of Alex student in accident | News
ALEX, Okla. – A Grady County community is grieving the loss of a high school senior Thursday.
Cody Alexander died Wednesday morning in a crash along Highway 19.
The Alex high school football player was on his way to school at the time.
He also took classes at the Canadian Valley Technology Center.
The teen’s vehicle was almost unrecognizable at the crash site.
We’re told Alexander collided with a semi and that the winter weather likely played a role in the accident.
Councilors and pastors have been brought in to help students and faculty through the tragic loss.
A memorial service is planned for 6 p.m. Friday at Alex high school.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petition expressing “no confidence” in state Superintendent gains thousands of signatures
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history