Community mourning loss of Alex student in accident | News
ALEX, Okla. – A Grady County community is grieving the loss of a high school senior Thursday.
Cody Alexander died Wednesday morning in a crash along Highway 19.
The Alex high school football player was on his way to school at the time.
He also took classes at the Canadian Valley Technology Center.
The teen’s vehicle was almost unrecognizable at the crash site.
We’re told Alexander collided with a semi and that the winter weather likely played a role in the accident.
Councilors and pastors have been brought in to help students and faculty through the tragic loss.
A memorial service is planned for 6 p.m. Friday at Alex high school.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning