Two in critical hospital after hit by sleepy driver | News
CADDO COUNTY, Okla. – A 90-year old woman is in critical condition after a sleepy driver hit the car in which she was riding in Caddo County.
Authorities said a 41-year-old man was headed westbound on I-40 when he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the car in front of him, occupied by a 73-year-old driver and her 90-year-old passenger.
That second car then crashed into an exit sign and ran through a fence before coming to rest in a field.
Both the driver and the passenger were air-lifted to the hospital.
The passenger remains in critical condition while the driver is listed in stable condition.
As for the sleepy driver, he was not injured.
Haley O’Hara contributed to this story.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany