Two in critical hospital after hit by sleepy driver | News
CADDO COUNTY, Okla. – A 90-year old woman is in critical condition after a sleepy driver hit the car in which she was riding in Caddo County.
Authorities said a 41-year-old man was headed westbound on I-40 when he fell asleep at the wheel and crashed into the car in front of him, occupied by a 73-year-old driver and her 90-year-old passenger.
That second car then crashed into an exit sign and ran through a fence before coming to rest in a field.
Both the driver and the passenger were air-lifted to the hospital.
The passenger remains in critical condition while the driver is listed in stable condition.
As for the sleepy driver, he was not injured.
Haley O’Hara contributed to this story.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday