Man accused of shooting plot against Cordell school | News
CORDELL, Okla.—A man is behind bars after being accused of threatening to bring a gun and start shooting inside an Oklahoma school.
According to authorities, 21-year-old Christopher Thomason allegedly made threats against a school in Cordell while on an Internet chat board earlier this week.
With the help of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the Washita County Sheriff’s Office was able to arrest Thomason just before 9 p.m. Saturday.
He faces three felony charges for the crime.
We’re told he was booked into the Washita County jail on two counts of terrorism hoax and one count of violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
Thomason attended high school in Cordell but police have not released further details.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day