Man accused of shooting plot against Cordell school | News
CORDELL, Okla.—A man is behind bars after being accused of threatening to bring a gun and start shooting inside an Oklahoma school.
According to authorities, 21-year-old Christopher Thomason allegedly made threats against a school in Cordell while on an Internet chat board earlier this week.
With the help of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the Washita County Sheriff’s Office was able to arrest Thomason just before 9 p.m. Saturday.
He faces three felony charges for the crime.
We’re told he was booked into the Washita County jail on two counts of terrorism hoax and one count of violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
Thomason attended high school in Cordell but police have not released further details.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Allergy Alert: Cedar pollen very high, sufferers should just stay indoors
- Oklahoma Rep. authors bill warning of dangers of tongue piercing
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers