Man accused of shooting plot against Cordell school | News
CORDELL, Okla.—A man is behind bars after being accused of threatening to bring a gun and start shooting inside an Oklahoma school.
According to authorities, 21-year-old Christopher Thomason allegedly made threats against a school in Cordell while on an Internet chat board earlier this week.
With the help of the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, the Washita County Sheriff’s Office was able to arrest Thomason just before 9 p.m. Saturday.
He faces three felony charges for the crime.
We’re told he was booked into the Washita County jail on two counts of terrorism hoax and one count of violation of the Oklahoma Computer Crimes Act.
Thomason attended high school in Cordell but police have not released further details.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps