Drug bust leads to confrontation for our crews | News
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Lawmen in Grady County made a drug bust Thursday and one of our crews had quite an encounter while reporting on that bust.
It certainly wasn’t a pleasant visit to this Chickasha home but maybe our crews weren’t the right kind of visitors.
According to authorities, several people stop by this home every day which is why they started keeping a close eye on the place.
“It’s been ongoing for approximately a month now,” Grady County Assistant D.A. Leah Edwards said. “There have been several controlled buys from that residence which resulted in today’s search warrant.”
The controlled buys consisted mostly of what investigators said they believe is meth.
They also found marijuana, morphine, a lot of unique paraphernalia including an elephant bong and a tall bird-like pipe, as well as several meth pipes hidden inside dirty socks.
Authorities arrested 54-year-old Vicki Kinsey and 57-year-old Terry Wise.
Both are facing several drug charges.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany