Chickasha teen charged for shooting teen forcing way in home | Crime
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Authorities have charged a man for allegedly shooting a teen he said tried to force his way inside the man’s home.
Police said 19-year-old Brandon Walker got out a .12 gauge shotgun and shot a 15-year-old boy in the hand.
But Walker’s girlfriend, who was present throughout this confrontation, said that teen was simply trying to help calm him down when Walker got the gun in an attempt to get another man off his property.
She said she and Walker were being nice and allowed their new neighbors to borrow their dryer.
She said the neighbor left and came back with a couple of rowdy friends and things heated up when one of them refused to leave and tried to barge back into to Walkers’ home.
But authorities said they see a different story.
The Grady County district attorney’s office said the evidence indicates there was a party at the house and it got out of hand.
They said the shooting could have been an accident which is why they charged him with reckless conduct.
But accident or not, the teen’s hand was pretty torn up.
Walker is now out of jail.
Authorities said alcohol may have been involved.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags