Chickasha teen charged for shooting teen forcing way in home | Crime
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Authorities have charged a man for allegedly shooting a teen he said tried to force his way inside the man’s home.
Police said 19-year-old Brandon Walker got out a .12 gauge shotgun and shot a 15-year-old boy in the hand.
But Walker’s girlfriend, who was present throughout this confrontation, said that teen was simply trying to help calm him down when Walker got the gun in an attempt to get another man off his property.
She said she and Walker were being nice and allowed their new neighbors to borrow their dryer.
She said the neighbor left and came back with a couple of rowdy friends and things heated up when one of them refused to leave and tried to barge back into to Walkers’ home.
But authorities said they see a different story.
The Grady County district attorney’s office said the evidence indicates there was a party at the house and it got out of hand.
They said the shooting could have been an accident which is why they charged him with reckless conduct.
But accident or not, the teen’s hand was pretty torn up.
Walker is now out of jail.
Authorities said alcohol may have been involved.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany