Toilet stops up traffic | Crime
CHICKASHA, Okla. – Chickasha police said they get a lot of calls into their department but never one quite like this.
A concerned citizen called the law about a toilet.
“We drove through town and it was there still.”
In fact, a lot of people drive through the busy intersection.
It is one of the busiest ones in town which is probably why somebody carefully placed it in the middle of a median.
However, pictures are worth a thousand words.
They also make the rounds on Facebook.
Nobody knows why the toilet was placed there or where it came from but police said they believe it was definitely a very deliberate act.
“Maybe to see everyone’s reaction,” one passerby said.
“Normally people will discard trash on the side of the road but this is a porcelain toilet,” Chickasha Police Major Elip Moore said. “If they had thrown it from a vehicle, it would have busted. Whoever placed it there deliberately placed it there with care.”
Police said they had the public works department remove the toilet from the intersection.
While it is a crime to litter, they said finding the person who did it does not exactly rank at the top of their priority list.
Upcoming Events near Chickasha
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags